Have you recently noticed unused items accumulating in your makeup or skin care drawer? Those products may not be inspiring you to pick them up for many reasons. Here are a few tips to live by from our aestheticians and skin care experts!
- Check the expirations dates and retire what you don’t use.
- If it doesn’t have an expiration date, give it a sniff. If the smell is a bit off, it’s time to let it go.
- Does the product appear separated? If it does, it’s time to toss it!
- Wash your makeup brushes once a week to prevent your skin from being exposed to excess bacteria. Keep a brush cleaner on hand for fine mineral make-up brushes. Shampoo may work just fine for regular brushes.
- Every product can be exposed to and become contaminated with bacteria so keep all products tightly sealed. Any product that has been exposed to air for any length of time should be discarded and replaced.
- Anti-aging products have ingredients that typically last three to six months. Moisturizers can last six months to one year. If you’re not using a product often enough to finish off the container within these times, then it can’t do its job in keeping your skin in tip top shape.
Your skin matters! Treat it with the cleanest, purest, most effective products, from your lip colors and mascara all the way to the skin care products that keep your skin looking its best every day!