Another hot summer is here in Tucson and we want to make sure your skin is ready! Our licensed aesthetician, Kimberley, understands that the heat can keep you indoors, which is perfect for keeping our skin protected, but finding yourself out in the sun is inevitable. Staying consistent with our skin care products, treatments and even trying out a new facial, are great ways to keep your skin primed for the summer.
Here are a few pointers from Kimberley to make sure you stay looking your best:
- Drink plenty of water! We can’t say enough about this, especially here in Arizona. Drinking half a gallon of water per day will improve your skin’s texture and firmness. You will see a big difference in just one week if you are consistent. Hydration is critical in the battle against aging!
- Don’t forget to Dermaplane! Eliminate dull, dry winter skin and increase absorption of your favorite anti-aging products just by having a simple Dermaplaning treatment. Dermaplaning is a non-invasive process that eliminates fine hair (peach fuzz), smooths the appearance of acne scars, minimizes pores and exfoliates the surface layer of the skin removing any dead skin cells. Your skin will literally glow!
- Protect your skin with a solid UVA/UVB sunscreen. It’s recommended that you reapply the product every two hours to ensure maximum protection. Some patients like to use a tinted sunscreen, such as SkinCeuticals® Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50. The Colorescience® Sunforgettable SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen is also a popular favorite.
- Don’t forget your anti-oxidants! SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic® is known for its advanced formula in the protection against extrinsic factors such as photoaging, weather and free radicals that accelerate the age of our skin. Another favorite is VisaoMD Vital C. This product comes from a line famous for cocktailing together some incredible active ingredients to promote healing, reduce lines, increase collagen production and leave our skin brighter!
- Last but not least, stay on track with bi-weekly facials to keep your skin healthy and to naturally enhance that summer glow!