The Juvederm Collection
The world of aesthetics can be hard to navigate and dermal fillers are no exception. Dermal fillers are used to replace volume lost by aging or to enhance certain facial features. It can be overwhelming deciphering, which dermal fillers are right for you and your specific needs. One of the most recognizable names in the dermal filler landscape is JuvÃ©derm. JuvÃ©derm was the original dermal filler produced by Allergan Aesthetics (the geniuses behind Botox) and was FDA approved in 2006. Allergan Aesthetics has since expanded its line of dermal fillers, which is referred to as the JuvÃ©derm Collection. All the dermal fillers in the JuvÃ©derm Collection are hyaluronic acid-based, which is naturally produced by the body, but each one is formulated with subtle differences to address a variety of facial volume loss concerns.
- JuvÃ©derm XC is used to fill moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds including the â€œparentheses linesâ€ around the mouth and nose (nasal labial folds). It can also be used to add volume to the lips. JuvÃ©derm can last up to 1 year.
- JuvÃ©derm Ultra Plus XC is very similar to JuvÃ©derm and can be used in the same areas, but has a slightly thicker consistency, making it more suitable for deeper wrinkles and folds. JuvÃ©derm Ultra Plus can last up to 1 year.
- Voluma XC is the thickest formulation and is primarily used to add volume to lift and contour the cheek area. It can also be used to define the chin and jawline or to fill in sunken temples. Voluma can last up to 2 years in the cheeks and up to 1 year in other areas.
- Volbella XC is the thinnest formulation and works best to fill fine lines like the perioral lines around the mouth (lipstick lines) or to add subtle volume to the lips. This is a very popular choice for those looking for a soft and natural lip enhancement. Volbella can last up to 1 year.
- Vollure XC is used in areas where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur like the nasal labial folds. Vollure is specially designed to stay put in areas with a lot of facial movement (around the mouth). It can last up to 18 months!
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.